Nothing says comfort food more than macaroni and cheese, so we decided to try our hand at making a healthier version. This dish relies on ingredients such as fresh tomatoes, spinach, veggie broth and almond milk to boost the nutrition without sacrificing the taste. We loved the end result and promise you (and your kids) will, too.
MINUTE PREP TIME
MINUTE COOK TIME
– 200g of skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Macaroni
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 10 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 8 oz fresh spinach
– ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
– ½ cup cubed, sharp white cheddar cheese
– ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
– ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
– ½ tsp Italian seasoning
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and a pinch of salt and cook 3 to 5 minutes until onions have softened and garlic is fragrant. Add tomatoes, spinach, all three cheeses, vegetable broth, almond milk and herbs. Lower heat and simmer while you bring water to boil in a separate pot. Add 200g of skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Macaroni to the boiling water, cook for one minute and test for doneness. Drain the pasta and add to the simmering mixture.
Stir, gently and frequently, as it simmers to combine cheeses and macaroni, until the mixture has thickened a bit. Do not overcook! Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
– This dish is gluten free
– Post a photo and #NourishPassion to share your meal with us!