A romantic meal for one, two, or more, this Eggplant Parmesan is a simple and delicious take on the classic. We love eggplants not only because they’re delicious, but because they contain nutrients like fibre, are rich in B vitamins, and boast antioxidants that promote heart health and brain health. Roasting the eggplant whole, and beforehand brings out its natural sweetness, and baking the cheese on top is the perfect compliment to skinnypasta™ HIGH PROTEIN fettuccine and marinara.
MINUTE PREP TIME
MINUTE COOK TIME
– 250g skinnypasta HIGH PROTEIN fettuccine
– 2 eggplants, peeled, rubbed with lemon juice
– 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
– 2 cups marinara sauce, divided
– 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 tbs. fresh oregano leaves
– 5 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop peeled eggplants in half lengthwise and rub with olive oil, sea salt, and oregano leaves on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, until starting to brown and softened. Remove from oven, and top with 1 cup marinara sauce, divided in 4. Top with breadcrumbs, divided in 4. Top with two slices mozzarella each, and the grated parmesan cheese, divided in 4. Bake another 45 minutes, or until cheese is browned, like you see on pizza.
5 minutes before removing eggplants from oven, heat up the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce in a saucepan. At the same time, bring a pot of water to a boil and add 1 package (250g) skinnypasta HIGH PROTEIN fettuccine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, checking for doneness at 1 minute, and remove pasta using tongs.
To serve, serve 1/2 eggplant on each plate and accompany with 1/4 package cooked skinnypasta HIGH PROTEIN fettuccine topped with warm marinara sauce. You can sprinkle with more grated parmesan for some extra flavor.
– This dish is vegetarian, high in protein and fibre and low in carbs and glycemic index.
– To make this dish gluten free, please use a skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF fresh pasta. If you can’t find gluten-free breadcrumbs, you can replace with 1 cup brown rice flour,1/2 tsp. sea salt and 1 egg, mixed to a crumbly consistency. If your egg is too small add water until it resembles crumbly wet sand.
– Post a photo and #NourishPassion to share your meal with us!