Designed for Mother’s Day, but enjoyable any day of the year Chef Erica von Trapp says, “this is one of my favorite ways to prepare pasta because it’s so simple, light and flavorful. It’s also very versatile, as you can choose the seafood that’s fresh from the market and seasonal!” This tasty seafood dish is the perfect recipe to prepare for someone you love, she says, because “it’s healthy, fresh and so easy to make!”
MINUTE PREP TIME
MINUTE COOK TIME
3 - 4
– 400g skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF penne
– 20 clams or mussels
– 8 shrimp
– 8 scallops
– 3/4 cup white wine
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– extra salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat until warm. Add garlic, sage and 1/4 tsp sea salt and sauté 2 minutes, until just starting to turn golden. Immediately add clams or mussels and let cook another minute, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and cook another minute. Add scallops, cook 30 seconds, flip and cook another 30 seconds. Add white wine and cook, gently simmering until clams open.
Meanwhile, cook 400g (2 packages) of skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Penne in boiling water for 2 minutes until al dente. Transfer to white wine seafood mixture. Once all the clams have opened, the dish is ready to serve.* Season with salt and pepper.
– If one or two of the clams do not open and the rest have, discard them because they might not be good to eat directly.
– This dish is high in omega-3’s and protein, and low in carbs. It’s also gluten-free and pescatarian.
– If you want to substitute white wine with fish or chicken stock, that is a good replacement. Otherwise, if you want it to taste more “wine-y”, add a bit more wine.
– Post a photo and #NourishPassion to share your meal with us!